Update HO to N

A little over a week ago I posted that I was "seriously considering" going to N scale. Well I am sticking with HO. Next September we (SHWMBO) are hoping to have an outbuilding built and the trains will be moved to it. It should just about double the sq ft I have now. It will be insulated, heated and cooled. We will also put a security system in place. This was supposed to be done a couple of years ago, but due to some health issues we had to drop it.

Thanks to all those that responded to my earlier post.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Congrats on the real estate deal!

SHWMBO? I know SWMBO, but the H?

Reply to
fubar

Reply to
Chris

On 12/19/2009 7:22 AM Chris spake thus:

Let me be the first to say "you suck!".

(In other words, congratulations.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

"Chris" wrote in news:00a57db6$0$1572$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Congratulations on the outbuilding. We've got an outbuilding that was a beauty shop that I'm using for trains. My biggest design problem was the placement of the door made it difficult to use broad curves and not waste a lot of space. (There must be access to the back of the building.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I figured it stood for "She ("Honey") Who Must Be Obeyed".

At least that's the way things work around here.

Reply to
Twibil

Reply to
Chris

If your layout was in N scale you wouldn't have problem with broad curves in that room.... :-)

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

"Peter W." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l13g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

I've got plans for N scale in that room too. ;-) I started a project with a shadow box built to T-track module spacing. They'll be installed above the HO layout, with the trains at eye level. Not sure if I'm going to try going around the corner yet.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Since it apparently used to be a beauty shop, I'd expect that room to remain haunted by broad curves for quite some time; and it could bring a whole new meaning to "superelevation".

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Bada-bing! :-) Peteski