web-sit up-date

With all the stupid bickering, name calling, politics and whatever, on this news group, try sharing something of value. See a dead tree I modeled at;

See, some of you knuckle heads got me going. Are you happy now?

-- Phil Anderson Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

Reply to
Arizona Rock & Mineral Co.

Not bad. You might try a little gray-green to simulate moss on the north side. Also a hole or two for the home of some dessert creatures wouldn't be a bad touch either. Neither of these takes much time and greatly enhances the realism of the scene.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

Would some of the dessert creatures be the rarely seen Chocolate Mousse? {;^)

Reply to
Brian Smith

"Norm Dresner"

Myth.

Moss grows all over a tree, not just on the north side. Don't believe me? Go and look at a mossy tree one day. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway (Site now back up and working)

Roger T.

Sure, in heavily shaded, temperate rain forest ... like around Vancover! Moss grows on all sides of everything in that environment. Including rolling stones!!

*8-}
Reply to
Paul Newhouse

I don't recall seeing any moss in the dessert. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Phil Anderson wrote: With all the stupid bickering, name calling, politics and whatever, on this news group, try sharing something of value. See a dead tree I modeled at;

should spend more time taking care of your trees, Phil. Then they might not die.

BTW, nice work!

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill

Agreed, Those guys have killed this newsgroup.

LOL.

Yes.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway (Site now back up and working)

Roger T.

I'm THRILLED...but only because your site brought back so many beautiful memories. I lived in Tucson, since 1955 when the city limits were so close in! I wound up in Phoenix for ten years, where I retired in 1982 and moved to Yarnell..just a hop, skip and a jump from ome of the towns you mentioned...Skull Valley! It was thewas the closest of all to Yarnell...Just driving through that town got my heart pumping. BUT just one question: I only saw one line of track in the Skull Valley pic which shows shows more than one. Are there two? More? I haven't been there since 1988.

Mike, Picture Rocks, AZ

Reply to
Michael P Gabriel

Thanks for your responses to the dead tree project. The suggestions of Moss, holes for rodents and bird nest are really useful. There are even a couple guys with excellent humor.

The side Question about Skull Valley; The are two tracks through town. Trains crews that hole up there for a meet, will walk over to the general store for a treat.

Reply to
Arizona Rock & Mineral Co.

The 2-8-2 got the name "Mikado" because it was originally intended for Japan.

The electric "Little Joe" was originally made for export to the Soviet Union, and thus named for Joseph Stalin. But it was never delivered because of the cold war.

The steamers sold to Finland were unique because they had special steam piping running from the boiler to the sauna car, which was usually located between the diner and the coaches...

Gallillee