web-site up-date

Does anyone know what a Harvey Car is? You can see one on my web site

-- Phil Anderson Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

Reply to
Arizona Rock & Mineral Co.

Might these have been a derivative of the "Harvey Girl" cafes that were a located near many RR stations in the late 1800s/early 1900s?

Cheers, Bill S.

Reply to
Bill Sohl

Bill:

Is that a bus from Oddo's hobby shop, in Pittsburgh? They used to have a cast-plaster city bus.

Cordially yours, Gerard P.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

Is there a really big rabbit near the car?

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

"The Santa Fe brought the people and Fred Harvey made them comfortable in hotels and restaurants along the rail line. They were served at table by a disciplined army of Harvey Girls and shown the sights in Harveycars."

"in 1925 the Santa Fe Railroad and the Fred Harvey Company initiated their Southwest ?Indian Detours.? Tourists would travel by train to certain stops, spend one or more days visiting several area attractions, return to a train and go on to another stop. In 1930, the first tan and brown Packard ?Harveycar? delivered a single California tourist to the Petrified Forest."

"The Railroad Express Tour is a half-day excursion that gives travelers a chance to step back in history with a one-way ride on a turn-of-the-century steam engine followed by a return trip in a ?Harveycar.? This tour is priced at $49 per person and $29 for children under 16 and includes the one-way motor coach tour and one-way train trip."

Google is a wonderful thing...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

Like trains, busses have a following and you can get a bunch of them in HO. I'm a fishbowl fan myself.

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

I don't know who manufactured the bus as it was just handed to me. It appears to be very close to HO scale.

Reply to
Arizona Rock & Mineral Co.

I believe i know the model you're speaking of - painted on everything. I bet if you go to bus world

you'd find out in a hurry.

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano