Bachman USRA 2-10-2

Has anyone bought one of these? How do they run?
Thanks.
Don

Don I am glad that you asked this because I am seriously considering getting one.
Bill Cabot, arkansas

-
Bill Ford wrote:

I was hoping to get some reviews but I guess no one has one so here's my review.
I got an unlettered version last week. The detail is a step above the BLI Paragon series with little if any piping cast on. The injector benieth the engineer's side of the cab is missing the pipe that runs up into the cab, a minor and easily corrected omission.The decoder took programing from my Digitrax unit well. The drivers are all at the wide limit of being in gauge. I intend to fix that when time permits. It runs well on my code 83 trackage. It's pulled 12 Bowser H21 hopper up a 2.7% grade. Had one derailment at an Atlas #6 turnout pobably caused by the gauge. There was a slight hitch in the mechanism cause by the main rod being hit by the lower end of the two links that hang down from the souther valve gear. A little prodding fixed that. It runs OK now. I just lettered it for B&LE 520.
At the discounted price of $125 from Train World it's an excellent value. I think it's a 7.5 out of 10 out of the box. With the minor fussing I noted it's an 8.5.
I may buy another in the DM&IR paint.
Don Murphy
"Bill Ford"

Only one? :-)
Hopefully, three or so for the GER as I do like the "fleet look" of multiple locos rather than the "Oh, here comes the 2-10-2."
-- Cheers
Roger T.