Which turntable? HO Scale

"fl@liner" wrote

Thanks for the URL. Any experience with the products?

-Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

I have a couple of the old Atlas ones

Biggest disadvantage is the short length, 9 inches which is 62 scale feet. That works for most older diesels and some steam engines such as Model Power old-timers and old Bachmann Prairie/Consolidation/10-wheeler. Not suitable for newer steam and diesel engines, but many folks have used the mechanism at the bottom of the turntable pit to drive larger bridges. Advantage is low price and good indexing.

Very.

I think it was Germany, perhaps not now.>

It has a built in "Geneva drive" with nylon gearing that has realistic speed with their motorizing kit. Old ones indexed to 12 positions, newer ones perhaps 24.

Jeff Cornelius

Reply to
Jeff in c-ville

I have two Diamond Scale Models - Gallows Freshwater Models - Sellers

Both, very good

Both - USA

Mark 1 Eyeball

Reply to
Howard R Garner

I've seen kits advertised on the Gauge O Guild gazette: range of sizes from 42' up to 70', IIRC, and a range of types. I vauguely seem to recall one of the tinplate-revivalist firms (ACE, maybe?) offering one in ready-to-use form, but I'd not swear to that. I don't //think// anyone does a ready-to-use one in finescale O..

Certainly that woudl work fine for a 40-some' turntable (in O). It's probably the route I'm going to go down, given that the biggest things I'm going to want to turn on it are 6-wheel engines + 4-wheel tenders.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Use an HO turntable as a sub-base for the mechanism and build the O scale on top to whatever size you need.

Reply to
Rick Jones

I've done this with an Arnold N gauge TT for my HO layout after building several nasty TTs from scratch. The only downsides are initial cost (I got it cheap) and that it needs careful mounting to cut down the 'mech in plastic" noise. It works perfectly every time!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

There are at least two made in the US, which may or may not help, depending where you are. Atlas and Bowser come to mind.

Graeme

Getting yo yjr message late.

But check Bowser. They do make O scale turn talbes.

Howard Garner

Reply to
Howard Garner