Fleischmann turntable 9152c

Hi all, Has any one had the pleasure of installing the 9152c turntable from Fleischmann. It is the N gauge one and comes with all wiring and operation
switch. Will this item be useable on DCC?
A very nice (German) style T/T but looks stuning on any layout.
I just need to know the above before purchassing one
Thanks
Hi Nick,
Nick Beard wrote:

No, its not DCC controlable. But there is a Selectrix decoder for it and a small PC interface for Selectrix which make this TT controlable by many PC programs who know about Selctrix.
Regards, Kurt
--
Kurt Harders
MBTronik - PiN - Prsenz im Netz GITmbH

Note there is a difference between 'useable on DCC' and 'DCC controllable'
If you want to operate your trains on DCC and run them onto and off the turntable, no problem. Any turntable is 'Useable on DCC ' in this way. The controls to operate the turntable can be used as supplied by the maker.
For a turntable to be DCC controllable you need to be able to access the drive motor and whatever controls it has for indexing and latching. I am sure this can be done by DCC if you really want to, I can't see any operational benefit from all the work involved. Just because you use DCC it doesn't mean everything must be DCC, look at the cost/benefit equation in each case.
Keith
Cheers Keith, I do intend to use the analog control as supplied. But I saw one going on ebay and the seller said that it could not be used with DCC, he didnt specify as to whether this was 'controlling it' or just 'useable'. Unless one wants to run a totaly computer controlled outfit I cant see the point making it DCC controllable, too much agro and money which could buy some good beer and a night out!!

Nick Beard wrote:

The turntable is entirely controllable using DCC and a computer interface, given that you can access the internal wiring. What it lacks is any feedback of position from the turntable to the computer. However, the bridge to stall tracks contacts are accessable.
Regards, Greg.P.
There is even a decoder designed for turntables which is supposed to work with this one: http://www.digital-bahn.de/bau_ds/drehsb.htm You might have to use translation software like babelfish or email the guy snipped-for-privacy@digital-bahn.de if you are interested.
Regards,
Werner George Pflaum
if you are interested.
BTW, this is a DCC and/or Motorola (Marklin) decoder.
Nick Beard wrote:

The TT is wired for DC in the sense that the bridge enlivens the relevant stable track when it stops. Your DCC loco lights etc will go out when the bridge moves on. Otherwise it will function perfectly.
To go totally DCC, I would snip the contacts of the dead end stable tracks and wire each stable track together and feed them via a reversing loop module. The contacts hang below each stable track, which is 'clip in'.
Regards, Greg.P.