Fleischmann turntable 9152c

Hi all, Has any one had the pleasure of installing the 9152c turntable from Fleischmann. It is the N gauge one and comes with all wiring and operation
switch. Will this item be useable on DCC?
A very nice (German) style T/T but looks stuning on any layout.
I just need to know the above before purchassing one
Thanks
"Nick Beard"

Yes, but it will need a decoder, but you could also operate it independently from your DCC system using conventional analogue control.
John.
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 20:45:43 -0000, "John Turner"

NB. John is referring to the controls to turn the table, either way the DCC locos can use the table. Keeping a seperate supply to operate the table simplifies operation as you don't have to select it via the DCC system, just drive the loco on, turn it and drive it off again. Keith
Blimy John, you had me in you clutches, then lost me.:-)
Yes, I thought i read sowhere that it is possible to use a T/T on DCC but one is best to use a reverse loop module. (decoder?).
(I've already got to obtain a 'fist' full of these for 4 electrofrog X-overs and 2 return loops.)
This item has a built in motor and is re-wired to operate with the supplied rotary switch. How do I power it independently of the DCC system? If this saves the purchase of 'another module' I will be happy.

independently
"Nick Beard" wrote

I was referring to the powering of the turntable motor, which will need a decoder if you want to use the DCC controller to rotate it.
To power it independently of the DCC system you'd need a source of DC power to turn the table motor, although it might be possible to tap off the transformer which powers the DCC command centre.
Hope that makes some sort of sense, but the crucial thing is to check out the instructions for the Fleischmann turntable and see what its precise requirements are.
John.
Cheers John, all makes sense now. I was actualy intending to use the supplied swith unit (analog). Just need to isolate the track theron from the motor workings (if connected) and conect to the 'bus'.

this
power
"Nick Beard" wrote

That should work fine - I assume the turntable has a means to reverse the polarity in the bridge rails and you shouldn't need a reversing module in that case.
John.