Airbrush, paint, primer, decals, weathering, etc

Guys, given the current questions on the above stuff (including questions about single or double action airbrushes), may I recommend the purchase of the British Railway Modelling magazine DVD "Right Track 3 - Painting, Lining and Finishing" which came out just afore Christmas. It's all covered in there in excellent detail with some very good demonstrations. BTW, if you haven't got Parts 1 & 2, I recommend those as well. Oh, and it shows how to make your own lining transfers too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Hancock

What method do they recommend for the latter?

Reply to
MartinS

MartinS said the following on 03/02/2006 03:57:

They probably recommend buying the DVD to find out :-) But if someone does have the DVD already, please spill the beans!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

From memory (**)

Buy decal paper.

Prime, paint, line and varnish? the paper using the same as on the model.

Cut out and use as normal decals.

Steve

(**) Please note that I'm not going to faff about with a 3 hour DVD just to respond to specific questions about it when it is a lot easier if other interested parties just buy the DVD in the first place. Therefore I am unable to answer any questions about the DVD content with any sort of detail or guarantee of accuracy.

Reply to
Steve Hancock

That's fine, thanks, Steve. I'm in NTSC-land and I was just curious if it was something revolutionary. Apparently not.

Reply to
MartinS