009 trackwork

Hi Guys

We have a very small section of a large OO layout that effectively provides narrow gauge running. Probably about thirty feet of track and about half a dozen sets of points in all, currently laid with the 'correct' sleeper spaced trackwork supplied by Peco. Has anyone any suggestions for an alternative as we find by bitter experience that the

009 Peco track doesn't perform well at all in the long term [public running 8 hours daily] and is extremely fragile in 'hard' electrical rail connections at the frog?

I use all Fleischmann N-Gauge rail on the home layout so will readily admit to a bit of bias and have no interest whatsoever in whinging about the Peco product which is quite cheap and readily available. I also don't really want to join the 009-Gauge or any other society :0)

Any helpful suggestions/pointers appreciated.

Cheers.

Reply to
Roy

"Roy" wrote

Just use N-scale track and ballast the sleepers out of sight.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

To achieve reliabiliy in the electrical supply for that level of use you need to eliminate any reliance on rail joiners and built in frog switching. Connect feed wires to every individual piece of rail and fix the points as is nowadays described as DCC friendly, but is exactly the same as required for reliable DC operation and pre-dates DCC by many years. See for the details. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

I have heard that the Roco HOe track is good.

Stu

Reply to
Stu