Very Large Plant Layout

Hello,
I'm looking for help with Autocad 2007. What I'm doing is laying out a very large facility, 1.4 million square feet, and has a lot of
equipment in the drawing that is drawn in great detail. The problem that I have is that when I want to move a piece of the equipment within the drawing I have to wait for the item to stop redrawing. Is there any way to stop the piece that I want to move from redrawing?
Thanks, Brian
Set REGENAUTO to off?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Hi Michael,
I did try that, but when I select the piece of equipment to move it, all of the line segments will draw as it's selected. Then when I try to move the item the line segments will redraw and make it almost impossible to move it.
Brian

I'm pretty sure I don't get it.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Michael,
Was a rookie mistake, I froze the layers that I wasn't working with and that helped considerably.
Thanks again, Brian

Enter the new location from the keyboard.
Bob

Bob,
I did start doing that, it helped considerably, the biggest issue that I had was that the entire drawing was regenerating, I froze the layers that I wasn't using and that also helped a lot.
Thanks, Brian