Xmas mystery

My wife has a small train set she puts around the Xmas tree. It's
nominally G scale but definitely in the toy category. Huffs and puffs
and whistles from a remote control.
Twice so far this year it's decided to go for a run on its own. Once in
the middle of the night :-).
This morning I looked at the remote control. It's not line-of-sight
infrared, it's radio! Someone nearby has a car alarm or garage door
control running at the same frequency :-).
I guess we'll take the batteries out when not running it :-).
Reply to
Larry Blanchard
Happened to us several years ago... the batteries had run down in the receiver. What a way to wake up in the middle of the night.
Reply to
KTØT
Sure, Bob - sure..... It was that KW on 160 you were running, right? Admit it - you RFI'ed yourself! LOL!
(Just kidding)
73's de Ken KGØWX
Reply to
Ken Bessler
Whenever you blow the whistle, does a garage door in the neighborhood open?
Reply to
Steve Caple
control running at the same frequency :-). >>
When the "New Series" radios came out in the U.S. Army back in the early/mid '60s, troops in Germany soon discovered that two frequencies were the same as the frequency used to throw turnouts on one of the railroads, or so I was told. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB
"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at
or
and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.
Reply to
STEAM GENE