Xmas mystery

My wife has a small train set she puts around the Xmas tree. It's nominally G scale but definitely in the toy category. Huffs and puffs
and whistles from a remote control.
Twice so far this year it's decided to go for a run on its own. Once in the middle of the night :-).
This morning I looked at the remote control. It's not line-of-sight infrared, it's radio! Someone nearby has a car alarm or garage door control running at the same frequency :-).
I guess we'll take the batteries out when not running it :-).

Happened to us several years ago... the batteries had run down in the receiver. What a way to wake up in the middle of the night.
--
73 de KTT
Bob Schwartz

Sure, Bob - sure..... It was that KW on 160 you were running, right? Admit it - you RFI'ed yourself! LOL!
(Just kidding)
73's de Ken KGWX
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:09:21 -0800, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Whenever you blow the whistle, does a garage door in the neighborhood open? <g>
--
Steve

"The liberties of the people never were nor ever will be secure when the
<< Someone nearby has a car alarm or garage door

When the "New Series" radios came out in the U.S. Army back in the early/mid '60s, troops in Germany soon discovered that two frequencies were the same as the frequency used to throw turnouts on one of the railroads, or so I was told. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB <A HREF="http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot ">http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot </A> Find "Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at www.publishamerica.com or www.military-brats.com and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.