A-Z of Brit engines..

Is there such a thing? If so does it include W & P?

TIA

Tom

Reply to
Tom

CHARLES HAMILTON

Tom, I have the A-Z books (2 vols), I can't see any listing for "W&P", not under "W" anyway.

Reply to
Peter Short

Can I say "Rats" on the List?

It appears as this has the Brains Trust stumped as I've also had Patrick Knight mailing me about this! :-(

Perhaps I've not got to a pertinent text down in the attic? :-(

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Obviously Tom's been hunting in his vast library for another test :-) regards Roland PS are cellars on the roof in the Southern Hemisphere or is Tom ?

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

I'm not! Gave that up after the 3,700 hp fire engine! :-)

I'm just aggravated by Edwardian catalogue compilers that omitted makers' names due to paranoia that a potential buyer may go direct to the maker for purchase.

As for the attic, I'm not holding out much hope, as I've been dusting off books to no avail on this topic for a while now..

Tom

PS Some real estate agents have been known to shout their wares from rooftops...

Reply to
Tom

Gave up waiting and found out by accident while pursuing a line on Speedwell engines! Yes, it was down in the attic.

W & P aka White & Poppe..

Later on, suppliers of engines for the bull-nosed Morris amongst others, together with other sundry automotive parts.. Even were known for throwing the odd motorbike together.. Great what you can find out, once the initials are unmasked.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

There's a full article on the history of White and Poppe in a recent issue of Archive magazine.

In message , Tom writes

Reply to
John Ambler

Curious topic for a OS magazine..