Enstone - early notice!

The next Cotswold Oil Engine Bring and Buy at Enstone Airfield is only a few weeks away on Saturday 24th April Gates open at 0800 Buyers only £2

I posted about the last event but didn't give enough time for peoples diaries

It's on the B4022 just north of Enstone village with lots of parking. Last year was an excellent event.

Hope to see a few of you there

Ian R

Reply to
IanR.R

Ian,

I would like to have gone again this year, but the date is the same as that of the Cheffins Auction sadly. Maybe something to avoid next year as Enstone is a good event, but then I wont miss Cheffins !

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

Reply to
Chris Bedo

OK, I'm free! Duly diaried, Autorouted and filed in me diary. Only 72 miles.

What else is there at the airfield?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

I've been to the event twice now and on both occasions the same part of the airfield was used. There are toilets and refreshments 'almost obligatory bacon buttie and cup of tea' Then the runway is laid out with mostly engine type stuff on trailers, cars vans and lorries, it's a bit like the Old Sodbury sortout. All sorts of engines, pumps, generators, an autotruck and bits and pieces. My friend who came with me last year went away with some vintage Meccano, some radio valves , all new, and an o gauge model railway. So it seems anything goes!

And the entrance is near a chicken farm!

Look forward to seeing you there Kim

Regards Ian R

Reply to
IanR.R

Its excellent but stuck on top of a hill so in any wind it gets a bit parky. Take warm clothes and gloves. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Roland,

Not enough insultation on your body is the problem :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Not a problem for me still, although the outer sub-surface integument is fading slowly away ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn