(UK) Churnet Valley Railway Steam gala this weekend

Steam Gala Weekend, 24th, 25th & 26th June
Due to circumstances beyond our control, some last minute changes have been
made to the forthcoming steam gala. Please follow the link for the latest
details of this popular event.
Regrettably, ex-BR Western Region Manor No. 7821 'Ditcheat Manor' will not
now be attending the event. At this stage it is also highly unlikely that
the Super D will be at Cheddleton, although this may change later in the
week.
However, our resident ex-USATC S160 No 5197 will be in steam in Cheddleton
Yard pending final inspection of the new brake system by Her Majesty's
Railway Inspectorate.
GWR record breaking 4-4-0 veteran No. 3440 'City of Truro' will definitely
be attending and running on the Saturday & Sunday.
We are indebted to Dave Owen of Llangollen Railway and Andrew Goodman of the
Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Railway for making their respective Pannier
tanks available at such short notice. Both will be running on all three
days.
In addition, these locomotives will be joined by our resident locomotive J94
No. 68030.
(Both of the first two locos should follow in the next few weeks, 7821
joining us for 2 years and the "Super D" coming for its "running in" period
and subsequent running days)
Programme of events
On Friday both panniers will be running to Timetable 'A' all day.
On Saturday and Sunday they will be joined by 68030 and 'City of Truro'
along with 5197 in Cheddleton Yard. Timetable 'D' and 2-train operation will
be in force on both days.
At this late stage we are in negotiations to attempt to get another tender
engine, however with only four days to go arranging transport may be
problematic.
All events, locomotives and services subject to availability.
The Churnet Valley Railway cannot be held responsible for any loss caused by
the non-availability of advertised services or traction.
Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.
Hope the pix of the event are plentiful :-)
John.
Reply to
John K. Herreshoff
Are you certain that Mr Goodmans Pannier #9642(?) is being moved from the GWSR? Apparently it is scheduled for services on the GWSR line this weekend!
Zol.
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept. wrote: >
> Steam Gala Weekend, 24th, 25th & 26th June > > Due to circumstances beyond our control, some last minute changes > have been made to the forthcoming steam gala. Please follow the link > for the latest details of this popular event. > > Regrettably, ex-BR Western Region Manor No. 7821 'Ditcheat Manor' > will not now be attending the event. At this stage it is also highly > unlikely that the Super D will be at Cheddleton, although this may > change later in the week. > > However, our resident ex-USATC S160 No 5197 will be in steam in > Cheddleton Yard pending final inspection of the new brake system by > Her Majesty's Railway Inspectorate. > > GWR record breaking 4-4-0 veteran No. 3440 'City of Truro' will > definitely be attending and running on the Saturday & Sunday. > > We are indebted to Dave Owen of Llangollen Railway and Andrew Goodman > of the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Railway for making their > respective Pannier tanks available at such short notice. Both will be > running on all three days. > > In addition, these locomotives will be joined by our resident > locomotive J94 No. 68030. > > (Both of the first two locos should follow in the next few weeks, 7821 > joining us for 2 years and the "Super D" coming for its "running in" > period and subsequent running days) > > Programme of events > > On Friday both panniers will be running to Timetable 'A' all day. > > On Saturday and Sunday they will be joined by 68030 and 'City of > Truro' along with 5197 in Cheddleton Yard. Timetable 'D' and 2-train > operation will be in force on both days. > > At this late stage we are in negotiations to attempt to get another > tender engine, however with only four days to go arranging transport > may be problematic. > > All events, locomotives and services subject to availability. > > The Churnet Valley Railway cannot be held responsible for any loss > caused by the non-availability of advertised services or traction.
Reply to
Zol.
Zol, As it arrived last night...... I do hope so !
Andy
Are you certain that Mr Goodmans Pannier #9642(?) is being moved from the GWSR? Apparently it is scheduled for services on the GWSR line this weekend!
Zol.
Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.
Ahh, just seen you photos - I guess that proves it then ;)
Zol.
Zol. wrote: > Are you certain that Mr Goodmans Pannier #9642(?) is being moved from > the GWSR? Apparently it is scheduled for services on the GWSR line > this weekend! > > Zol. > > Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept. wrote: >>
>> Steam Gala Weekend, 24th, 25th & 26th June >> >> Due to circumstances beyond our control, some last minute changes >> have been made to the forthcoming steam gala. Please follow the link >> for the latest details of this popular event. >> >> Regrettably, ex-BR Western Region Manor No. 7821 'Ditcheat Manor' >> will not now be attending the event. At this stage it is also highly >> unlikely that the Super D will be at Cheddleton, although this may >> change later in the week. >> >> However, our resident ex-USATC S160 No 5197 will be in steam in >> Cheddleton Yard pending final inspection of the new brake system by >> Her Majesty's Railway Inspectorate. >> >> GWR record breaking 4-4-0 veteran No. 3440 'City of Truro' will >> definitely be attending and running on the Saturday & Sunday. >> >> We are indebted to Dave Owen of Llangollen Railway and Andrew Goodman >> of the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Railway for making their >> respective Pannier tanks available at such short notice. Both will be >> running on all three days. >> >> In addition, these locomotives will be joined by our resident >> locomotive J94 No. 68030. >> >> (Both of the first two locos should follow in the next few weeks, >> 7821 joining us for 2 years and the "Super D" coming for its >> "running in" period and subsequent running days) >> >> Programme of events >> >> On Friday both panniers will be running to Timetable 'A' all day. >> >> On Saturday and Sunday they will be joined by 68030 and 'City of >> Truro' along with 5197 in Cheddleton Yard. Timetable 'D' and 2-train >> operation will be in force on both days. >> >> At this late stage we are in negotiations to attempt to get another >> tender engine, however with only four days to go arranging transport >> may be problematic. >> >> All events, locomotives and services subject to availability. >> >> The Churnet Valley Railway cannot be held responsible for any loss >> caused by the non-availability of advertised services or traction.
Reply to
Zol.
I`ll send the boys round to get it back :)
Appears it was quite last minute - I look forward to seeing the opperational photos.
It may not be as clean as usual for Locos leaving the GWSR but it`s a good little engine.
Zol.
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept. wrote:
Reply to
Zol.
Zol, Do I take it you "work" down there then? (The GWSR that is)
Andy