Steam Railway enthusiasts paradise

Just to let you know that we have just taken over an old miner's cottage at Abergynolwyn, near the terminus of the Talyllyn Railway in Wales. Imagine just a few minutes walk to the station to see the steam trains come in and out, plus the luxury of a cafe on the platform ! And it gets better--the village pub is just three minutes away, and there is the luxury of a tea shop in the village hall throughout the season. Do I know about trains ? I was one of the inaugural members of the Railway Preservation Society in 1959, a national organisation devoted to saving Britain's steam relics for posterity. And I only went to report the meeting for the local Press ! Anyway, please take a look at Idris cottage, Abergynolwyn, on the web site

and you certainly won't be disappointed. The icing on the cake is that there is a model railway group which exhibits through the season in Towyn, and we can offer a

20% discount to visitors using the Fairbourne Railway ! If you are staying for a week, the Festiniog Railway, Snowdon Mountain railway, Bala Lake railway, Welsh Highland Railway, Vale of Rheido Railway and the Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway are all within reach.
Reply to
tezza