Churnet Valley Model Railway Exhibition - 22nd Oct 2006

10:30am - 4:30pm at Froghall station, Churnet Valley Railway, Staffordshire.

Off the A52 Stoke to Ashbourne road, next to the "Railway Inn" pub. (Follow the Brown CVR signs along the A52)

Layouts in N, OO & O gauge, including DCC and Hornby Live Steam on show. Kirkhill, Oakamoor, Limesbridge to name a few.

Trade stands including new, railway artists, second hand items and transport memorabilia. C&B Models, Nostalgia Art (Launching a new print of bygone Froghall station) and Sprog DCC from Andrew Crosland

£2.50 Adults £1.50 Children / OAP £6 Family ticket (2+2)

Also full size train ride of over 10 mile available (Not included in above admission)

see

for more details

Reply to
Andy Sollis

Any chance of moving it to the week after, Thomas is at loughborough that weekend.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

In message , MartinS writes

Yes. I remember seeing it at the Central Hall, Westminster many years ago. It was built and operated by some Reverend gentleman, if I remember aright, called Wilbert Awdry.

:-)

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

He was still exhibiting the layout in the '80s. He ran a small exhibition in his local church hall to benefit the local girls' school, of which he was a governor, and his own layout was a regular exhibit at his shows. I'm sure that it was still the same layout that featured in the Railway Modeller in the late '50s, early '60s.

I was invited to show my layout in 1984 (I think) and it was just about the time that he was getting involved with the Britt Allcroft setup since I remember him taking several representatives of the company around the exhibition.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

In message , Andy Sollis writes

Please note that the layout illustrated in their advertisement in the November edition of Model Rail magazine will NOT be appearing at this exhibition.

Members of East Kilbride Model Railway Club hope that those who travel to this exhibition will not be disappointed to find that "Crawford Bridge" will not be there.

The photograph of "Crawford Bridge" was used in the advertisement without permission from East Kilbride Model Railway Club who own the copyright of this image. This unauthorised use is being investigated.

The next outing of "Crawford Bridge" will be the South Lanarkshire Model Railway Exhibition on 12 and 13 May 2007 in Rutherglen Town Hall. More information will be available in the new year.

Reply to
Bill Campbell

"Bill Campbell" wrote

Please note that the layout illustrated in their advertisement in the November edition of Model Rail magazine will NOT be appearing at this exhibition. Bill Campbell

Bill, I am very sorry about this. I was not aware till yesterday that the "railway!" had used this picture without permission.

If you would be kind enough to contact me off list, I will offer an explanation if the "office" at the railway has not already done so ? snipped-for-privacy@cvmrd.freeserve.co.uk

Reply to
Andy Sollis

"simon" wrote I'm sorry Andy, this has got off the topic of your exhibition and railway - but we are planning to visit and the extra of the exhibition would have got us there - any other time. Do you have a Thomas w/e ?

Cheers, Simon

Simon, Sadly, you have missed 2006's 2 Thomas weeks, But rest asured, Thomas and freinds will return in February (Half term week) and August 2007. There may well be daisy running the second train. Sadly, due to his age and other circumstances (A too demanding time table ???) Thomas worked the brake vans up and down Cheddleton yard to see the naughty diesels who are banished for the day....

(Cant you tell I've done this before !!!) :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis

Definately coming if the diesels are hidden !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon