Enstone Airfield

Hi everyone, I'm an avid reader of the group and learn a lot from it but don't post often as I don't feel I have a lot as yet to post

I gather there is a bring and buy sale of engine related bits on on Saturday at Enstone Airfield in Oxfordshire, can anyone confirm that it is still n? - and where is the airfield? I can find the village on the map but not the airfield itself

Regards to you all

Ian Ruston (and yes I've got a couple of PB's of the same name)

Reply to
Ian R

"and where is the airfield? I can find the village on the map but not the airfield itself"

Curses. Cannot make this weekend. Good do in the past. Small, but I did better there than at Sodbury.

Airfield is disused. Just follow the vehicle in front with a trailer ... it's easy to find, close to the village.

Can you do us all a favour, & note down the dates of their next events (normally spring & fall). Would be great if you could post those dates here, & ideally a contact phone number for potential sellers/buyers.

Thanks,

Colin

Reply to
Colin Osborne

It was clearly signposted off the A44 last year, the airfield is just north of the village.

Regards

John R

Reply to
John Rogers

I've found out that the event is on the B4022 just north of Enstone village towards Banbury.

Gates open at 0800 hrs.

Buyers £2

Sellers cars £5 Vans £7 Lorries £10 Trade £12 with no pre booking required.

Further info apparently (apologies if ths is wrong Carl) from Carl Newton

01285 712302

This is the Cotswold Oil Engine and Preservation Societies 2 nd such event and apparently last years was very successful.

Perhaps see some of you there

Regards Ian R Colin - yes I'll find out future dates etc and post them here

Reply to
Ian R

Damn. I'm in Kent again, roofing. Missed it last year too ;o((

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Who else will be going to Enstone? I shall hopefully be there for about 8. See you there.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Probably just as well I can't go. I'd only buy something!

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Future Enstone Dates for your diaries: 24th April and 13 November 2004.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Sorry - you beat me to it Dan

Yes 24th April and 13th November next year for further events, gates open at

8 am, no need to pre book

This, the second such event I found to be very well worthwhile - I even went to one trader and asked if they had the correct plug for a 1930's Sunbeam motorcycle for a friend, a few moments consulting his reference books and I'd got a brand new 18 mm plug of the right type for £2.50 - excellent service:-) ! It was a pity so many of you were there but unrecognised by me.

Futher information from Carl Newton on 01285 712302 - EVENINGS only

Regards to you all

Ian R

Reply to
Ian R

Thanks for the diary updates -- already blocked off for 2004 .....

Colin

Reply to
Colin Osborne