Beagle

Am I the only twit who plans (note plans) to be up at three o'clock tomorrow morning to follow the progress of the Beagle Mars lander?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Indeed not Nick. I plan to sleep early and be awake and have tape running in case I should nod off again. ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

- who stayed up all night to see Neil Armstrong step off the ladder

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Nick, Get up a six like me, the return signal is not expected until then.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Can't take that long can it? Mars is only in Slough!

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Thanks for the info Martin. I was considering getting up to see if Beagle had landed in the early hours, now I can sleep on a bit longer. Kim, like yourself I stayed up all night to see Neil Armstrong make history.

Merry Christmas All

JohnR

Reply to
John Rogers

Boom Boom as Basil Brush used to say.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

"Campingstoveman" wrote

Nick Highfield wrote

Ah, but is there life in Slough?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Very Doubtfull :-))

Reply to
Campingstoveman

There are Staines so presumably life ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Your getting very witty of late Roland, I shall have to watch you.:-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Bah, humbug, no news for several hours yet although mentioned on News 24.

Off to bed or I shall miss Santa!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

- who wishes you and yours all the very best for the Festive season and a cheerful and prosperous New Year.

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Hi Nick, News reports on this side of the pond are not encouraging at this time. As we sit here on the edge of our seats hoping for contact, we KNOW what the neo-Luddites are planning on saying: "Oh, woe is me. failure... £35m... blah blah blah... starving children... sob... sob..."

I try to equate this stuff with my own projects in my garage. I put in a lot of work, a lot of money, sometimes the results are spectacular, but more often than not, something goes awry. Regardless of the results, I learn a LOT of lessons that increase my abilities and the potential for the next project's rewards.

The chaps who build space probes are no different. They have some good ideas; sometimes those ideas work perfectly, but more than likely there will be anomalies. Sometimes the anomalies are minor, somtimes serious, but the naysayers will always spew their ignorance.

It's time for bed here... Hope there is good news in the a.m.

Have a Merry Christmas regardless! Rob

Reply to
Rob Skinner

Yerst. It's banging into things that we are not so good at. Look at the Voyager series, thirty years and never a hitch, out of the system and heading out into the Great Dark.

But you try and land on something - it's not the falling that kills you, it's the stopping at the end ;o((

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

- who wishes you and yours all the very best for the Festive season and a cheerful and prosperous New Year.

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Did Norsemen believe in Santa ?

I'm assuming that some degree of solstice feasting went on - had any sort of benevolent gift-giver-figure shown up in the mythos by this time ? Did little vikings get a wooden sword to play with, or is that just my own lad ?

Presumably you hang up your horned helmet to put the gifts in... 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley