British Engineerium to open.

Our local newspaper The Brighton and Hove Argus has an article about the British Engineerium. The full article can be read here:

that there is a one day opening planned for March 13 11.00am -

4.00pm.

Fred

Reply to
g6zru

Note that there is a one day opening planned for March 13 11.00am -

Great news! Though I look forward with some trepidation to seeing what they've done with it - as we know, some of the most interesting (to the IC fan anyway) cabinet exhibits have been flogged off (see recent 'British Engineerium auction catalogue' thread).

NHH

Reply to
NHH

The question is: will they get the massive engine(s) inside the buidling working again - or will it be for static display only? I would opine that it takes a load of volunteers to run such a place, not an enthusiastic millionaire. After all what happens when the money runs out ... ? CJB.

Reply to
CJB

The Easton and Anderson beam engine (

ran on 11th Feb 2010.

Reply to
pcb1962

here:

Note that there is a one day opening planned for March 13 11.00am -

We called in to see what was going on. The BIG beam engine was running on steam. There had been some cleaning up of the interiors of the buildings, smell of new paint everywhere. The hall which had contained all the small exhibits (including many stationary engines and ancillary equipment) was open for inspection but all that could be seen was a vary large plywood construction, like a big box, in the centre of the display area and nothing else!

The only stationary engine that I saw was an air cooled Bernard with centrifugal pump on a small trolly.

There were signs of some additional construction on site but not as much as you would expect after such a long closure. At least there was no admission charge!

FRED

Reply to
g6zru

Thanks for the report Fred. ISTR a sort of balcony area which also had small cabinet exhibits, patent models etc any sign of that? I also remember a Bernard pump set - radiator cooled though - relegated to a back corridor when I was last there. I hope that at least the hot air engines are still in the collection and due to be exhibited, attractive as large stationary steam may be, it was these and the small IC engines (which as indicated earlier do seem to have been sold off) which made this museum that bit different for me.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Pity this open day was a big secret. Otherwise we'd would have travelled down from London. Oh well - maybe next time. CJB.

Reply to
CJB

Did anyone manage to obtain a copy of Allan Organs Air Engines book being sold on Ebay?

The ASME published a new edition last December. Cost $80 hardback from the ASME in the US or from their UK distributors £0.95 in paperback!

The paperback price seems to good to be true! However the delivery time is

28 days.

Bob Sier

Reply to
bob

Everyone I have heard from got the 'stocktaking error' email and a refund. As you say, this:-

*&sort=sort_date/d&m=11&dc=507also seems too good to be true.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Not me, said it would be sent - but it must be more than 28 days now, so I think I'm out a quid!

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Nope. 8-(

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Remember there's a 45 day limit on raisin g this with eBay. Refunds are easier (Paypal anyway), but only within 45 days. Very hard otherwise.

I've just contacted the seller again today. Update here if I get a reply.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

When is the web site going to be updated then? CJB.

Reply to
CJB

I just this minute received a acknowledgment from Eurospan saying that I have a recorded back order, as the book is temporarily unavailable.( Price GBP 0.95) Dave Croft. Warrington.

Reply to
Dave Croft

After prompting, I received a refund. No book, they don't seem optimistic on getting the book,

Reply to
Andy Dingley