News from the Studio ...

Hi gang,

They're here! I just finished packing the first batch of pre-ordered F-15E "Pressing West at FRISCO" giclee prints. The non-remarqued prints will go out first, and the remarqued prints will go out over the next couple of weeks as I get time to do the drawings.

The giclees look absolutely fantastic, not only because of the level of image reproduction possible with giclee digital technology, but also because of the high-grade watercolor paper the image is printed on. I am confident that those of you who are getting the print will be very happy.

Don't forget that this print is only available in an edition of 250 prints. 200 on paper, and 50 on canvas. The first batch of canvas giclees will be arriving next week, probably Tuesday. The canvas edition is selling very fast. If you are even remotely interested in one for yourself or, perhaps, a friend, go here and reserve a copy now (this page also gives you an excellent idea of how the image looks, as the images on this page are JPEGs of the original digital file):

Other news:

I was very pleased with the gallery arrangement for our show at the Museum of Aviation at Warner Robins, GA. Myself and three other southern US aviation artists are displaying work in the 2nd floor art gallery until around late May. The exhibit is entitled, "Southern Wings".

My special guest was Capt. Randy "Hacker" Haskin, the pilot of "Shangri-La II", the main jet in "Pressing West at FRISCO". Hacker brought the actual helmet he is wearing in my painting, along with one of his "desert" flight suits. These items will remain on display in one of the accompanying glass cases for the duration of the exhibit. The helmet's "dual visor" dark (sun) and amber (high contrast) arrangement is unique and interesting to see in person.

I have 13 pieces there, including original oils and acrylics, prints, and drawings. The museum is just south of Macon, Ga, and easily accessible. Thanks to the museum staff for exceeding my expectations on the exhibit. Fellow artist Russell Smith and I were interviewed on the local mid-day TV news show, and the evening reception on March 10th was well attended. I hope to have some pics up on my site soon.

Current projects:

My immediate project is a P-51 oil commission which will feature four P-51s. Preliminary compositions look very promising. My plate has been full lately with a lot of traveling, so I'm looking forward to settling back down behind the easel.

Cheers!

Wade

Reply to
chicoartist