cast iron exhaust pot

Bit of a long shot, but I wondered if anyone has a cast iron exhaust pot suitable for a 7hp open crank engine...........thanks.

Reply to
E S Marshall

I would think thats like looking for Hens teeth or rocking horse Do do's

Mart> Bit of a long shot, but I wondered if anyone has a cast iron exhaust

Reply to
Campingstoveman

As they are so uncommon now, I'm surprised no-one has had a few generic types cast up - they must be pretty simple, after all.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I've had no luck finding one for my crossley, I ended up making one out of a large piece of box section about 6mm thick it looks the part but i'm not sure how it will perform. I hav'nt run it yet.

Regards, Gary M.

Reply to
gary millward

I'd expect that for low usage it was easier to just weld them up from steel.

Making things with a taper, then a bit of tarting with a grinder can make welded steel look pretty close to "cast"

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Went through this when someone unkind soul stole my big Tangye pot. Now loking to do it for a big Blackstone pot.

I have seen a couple of very realistic looking constructs using one or more propane/calor gas bottles Cut into sections & rewelded. I'm sure that would work for 7hp -- getting a bit harder for 12.5hp that I want. Orig was 2ft 6" diameter. I suspect some creativity around the scrap yard is called for ..... or follow the man laying a new sewer & find out where his offcuts go!

Colin

Reply to
Colin

John Ambler Sussex, UK Return E-mails to snipped-for-privacy@skiprat.net