Cast Iron Welding

Has anyone had experience of having cast iron welding done for them.
I am in Essex area and would like a manifold repaired(crack) and part
of it built up(where flange bolts to manifold)
Many Thanks
Dikster 1
Reply to
dikster1
Trying to weld cast iron is a very iffy business unless you have a very high quality casting. The best approach is to braze it.
Reply to
crn
Don't know whereabouts in Essex you are but I always use this company:
Fine Limit Welding 10 Britannia Court Web: Burnt Mills Industrial Estate Basildon SS13 2AB
Tel: 01268 725 988
They can weld almost anything I have taken allsorts (not the liquorice type!) in there an they have never let me down yet!
Cheers
Simon
Reply to
K & S Jennings