Kelsall Rally - Off

It looks like the Kelsall rally this weekend is postponed to 30th June with a different venue. Spotted this on the Kelsall village website

I was wondering... given the rain we have had lately, and the mud-bath last year. Anyone confirm ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yes, someone I know was phoned on Wednesday or Thursday and told not to come with his steam tractor.

We had a huge amount of rain in Cheshire a few days ago that turned the fields into lakes, it would be impossible to hold a rally this weekend on their field. (last year was a disaster too - I hope they don't throw in the towel :-( )

Julian

Reply to
Julian

Thanks, that has saved me driving over there to check it out.

The fact it is both postponed AND a new venue may mean they have indeed given up. They certainly seem to be cursed when it comes to the weather. A completely dry April, and then a deluge the week before the show. It has always been a very pleasant show with quite a local feel to it. One of my favourites.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Mine too, I attended 2 years ago with my roller and enjoyed it - that also was a semi-washout due to some heavy showers on the Sunday.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Bringing an old thread back to life.

AIUI Kelsall is re-scheduled for this weekend. I was thinking of poping along for an hour or two, but given the sopping wet fields in the area and the heavy rain forcast for Saturday I wonder if it's still going ahead. Does anyone know?

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Julian,

I have just been over to Kelsall (not for the rally, but for the cash point!). I went past the rally entrance and there is a man on the gate and cars in the field. Its a different venue from last year, but well signposted from the main road. I couldn't see more due to the high hedges - may go over there later. Its between Kelsall and Ashton.

It is raining lightly on and off at the moment, but I think the forecast for this afternoon is better.

Steve

Reply to
Steve