cyclemotor still available

Following on from recent mention of Cyclemaster, Winged Wheel etc (I chickened out - for now!), I found that the cyclemotor as a breed is still with us.

site does mention that the complete vehicle would need to be taxed and insured for road use, but could such a primitive device even be registered in this day and age?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

I couldn't make your link work, and wonder if you meant the National Auto Cycle Club website which is at

They may be primitive devices but has there ever been such an elegant economical and stress-free means of transporting us around!

My own passion is VeloSoleX - "La bicyclette qui roule tout seule" - wonderful machines and very French, of which over five million were made.

Christopher W.

Reply to
Christopher Wigdor

It should link to Buzz Bikes UK who market a modern 'clip on'.

My first motorised transport was a Velo Solex (UHX 171F I think). Can't say we really got on, I think perhaps the chiltern hills were not ideal terrain, and I moved onto four wheels ASAP.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

It probably could, but I do wish the webmaster would learn to spell - peddling and compleat, indeed!

Brian L Dominic

NB Rumpus

Web Sites: NB Rumpus:

of the Cromford Canal:
Light Railway:

Brian Dominic me

I started out on a Cycle Master, poor, thrashed device that it was. Passed my motorcycle test on it on the Wednesday and picked up my 500cc Triumph Speed Twin on Friday after work. Took me an hour to get it home, but I could manage a clutch by the time I did. Them were the days .............

I was stunned to see how much these modern clip on kits cost - £395 for the

35cc version and five hundred quid for the 49cc version!

I was about to say you could get a decent, unrestricted moped for that, but time moves right along and I'm startled to see that there are two 1970's FS1E's on E-bay, one in decent order that is £911 after 27 bids and the other over £1.500. I sold two a few years ago for fifty quid. Arrgh.

Well, in that case, I'd better take Nick's advice and advertise my BSA Winged Wheel - and the Velo Solex engine I've still got somewhere ......................

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn