Enfield 'sloper'

By now you will all hopefully have read and inwardly digested your SE mags so I can't be accused of drawing attention to something you were about to buy for a bargain price! So what do you make of the Enfield 'sloper' diesel engine for sale? I have seen the flat twin and vertical single versions before (nice engines with lots of alloy to polish), but never one wearing its cylinder at this rather jaunty angle.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

These engines were specially produced by Enfield for Stothert and Pitt of Bath. I believe they were fitted in some sort of roller made by said company.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
Philip THornton-Evison

I never cease to be impressed by this NG - an answer within minutes! And this one wasn't even OT :-)

Reply to
Nick Highfield

I looked interestedly at the Enfield sloper too.

It took me a minute to figure out that it was 90o out of synch, but after that it was easy ;o))

How big is it?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

If it's the same as the '85' vertical, about 6HP and 350Lbs

Reply to
Nick Highfield