Fish

very strange antics here. I wonder if your conclusion is the same as mine.

all round.....

ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Conclusion? looking at the bids I'm far to confused to draw a conclusion - think I'll stick with the Branston!

Reply to
Nick H

Very strange, perhaps I'm being slow, but how can the same person register the same bid three times?

Maybe it's some manifestation of snipe software.

Regards, Arthur G

Bargepoles all round.....

Reply to
Arthur G

Sorry guys, don't see the problem. Highest bidder has carried on bidding to try and reach the reserve, without going over his/her limit. Ebay does not show the amount only the lowest number that beats the previous bids. So it looks like he/she has bid that amount 3 times. Thats my take on it anyway.

Cheers Anthony

> Bargepoles all round.....

Reply to
Anthony

The thing to look at is the cancelled bid. At the bottom of the bids page. ttfn Roland

>> Bargepoles all round.....

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Not suspicious, merely one of the many idiots now invading Ebay making spurious bids which are cancelled by the seller. The stupid bids for the Vulcan caused it to be made into an approved bidder only auction for the same reason.

I refuse to have anything to do with 'private' auctions where you are denied the chance to see who you are bidding against.

In message , Roland and Celia Craven writes

Reply to
George Hendry

A bit of research shows that the bid was removed by ebay itself:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ User ID Action / Explanation Date of Bid and Retraction mark_brown00 ( -4 ) Not a registered user Cancelled: £6,000.00 Explanation:Administrative Cancellation Bid:04-Nov-04 00:18:22 GMT Cancelled: 04-Nov-04 00:44:17 GMT +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The user is located in Singapore according to the ebay site, and was first registered on 4th Nov 2004.

Four other bids have collected him 4 negative feedback points and he is no longer registered as an ebay user.

What he was doing bidding £6000 for a pile of old iron is anyone's guess, unless he has links to someone in the UK. His other bids were mainly for electronic equipment and hi-fi, all of which were in the UK.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

er yes....

Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

"Anthony" wrote (snip):-

Ah, is that how it works. I had imagined that if one was bidding against a reserve, the displayed price would automatically go up to your maximim bid until the reserve was met.

BTW what 'should' a ratty looking Atomic fetch?

Reply to
Nick H