Merlin engine video available

The video runs for an hour and costs £8.50. It features a bloody great trailer-mounted aero engine running . I've ordered mine today!

-- Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I've had this video delivered now, came by return!

It has no commentary and has long runs of three different Merlins roaring away to themselves, mostly mounted on trailers at events and (I'd suspect) outside Peter Grieve's engineering works. At £8.50 for a copy including postage, I'd say it was a bargain.

In fact, I think I'll go and have another look right now!

regards,

Kim

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

My copy arrived in quick time as well. An impressive service. However, I was a little disappointed with the video quality. OK, it was only £8.50 so no complaints there. The video was obviously shot on a domestic camcorder, probably not digital, so the picture quality left a little to be desired. I would also have liked some commentary telling me a little about the engines. As I don't know the difference between the various types of Merlin, this would have helped me. A short shot of a page of text would do. The final point is that I am glad I bought the video and would recommend it to all. Just don't expect Technicolor etc.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Thanks Martin, Please emphasise that I am not unhappy with the video, I suppose I wanted more information etc.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I was talking to Peter the other day, I used to work with him and he was round for a cuppa. I think now he has gone part time working he is talking about getting a better quality dvd out. I will pass on your comments just in case he does do another one.

Reply to
Martin Hirst