green goddess

I have a green goddess for sale, with 3500 miles showing, complete with full kit. any idea of its value

Reply to
aviatorone

aussie bongo

Two Goddesses were auctioned by BCA. Both 1956 models, very good refurbed condition, went for £2475

Steveb

Reply to
Steve b

A grand or two, if you're lucky. There's plenty about and they're horrible, Sorry.

If you want a "collectible fire engine" you're better off with something '60s vintage that has spent the last few decades lurking around a large factory. The only good thing about a Goddess is the off-road 4WD. On-road the infamous lack of baffles in the water tank limits them to about 30mph (and that's scary enough on a corner)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Andy,

Any idea how many are now retained by UK Govt?

The last published records show 1098 on inventory. I know some have been sold off but no idea how many. Are they being slowly replaced by more modern machines and kept with the "Green Gilberts" at Marchington?

Thanks Ian

Reply to
none