Identification Quiz

There is a boat moored in our village at the moment that has a number of old engines on display. I have put photos on a Yahoo Album via:

Open Album 2005 01 28 to view. There are other engines on board but these were covered up.

As you look at the boat, the cabin towards the bow is the workshop area with genny etc for running machinery. There are also signs in the wheelhouse to state that he is looking for old engines so I may find a home for my old Lister SR3 yet.

Mike Ricketts

Reply to
Mike Ricketts

Couldn't tell you anything about the Deutz ones, Mike, just the easy ones. The third pic is a Fairbanks Morse Z and the fourth is a Lister CS twin, 10/2 or more likely a 12/2.

Regards, Arthur G

Loved the local photos, BTW.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

that fairbanks morse is near identical to my granda's fairbanks-morse Z

3.5hp (which i've been told is unuasual as sizes for that particular 'Z' is 1.5 ,3 & 6 ) engine , from the picture it is hard to judge the size /h.p of the engine but it looks like a 3/3.5 .

check out my pics for a comparison :

does'nt seem to have a petrol tank-either does ours . i was told at a rally it fits in under the base , we just fill the cup on the carb ... john

Reply to
jdungan100

third pic is a Fairbanks Morse Z and the

Don't see many of those these days.... :-))

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web

Peter A Forbes

"Peter A Forbes" wrote

"10/2 or more likely a 12/2."

No, I don't suppose you do! I've got a kit for one, though :-).

Arthur G