Lifting Lister CSs

I have recently had the great misfortunate (actually I enjoyed it reall) of having to lift Lister CSs using an engine hoist and strap. I can't help but think there must be a better way of doing this. Getting the strap round the flywheel and round something at the top to make sure it doesn't flip upside down - seems inconvenient.

How were they lifted in the Lister factory? Is there not some kind of lifting lug/loop that I can bolt to the top somewhere?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Walker

I don't know about the smaller CS engines, but a common method is to replace a couple of head nuts with lifting eyes. Some engines (Gardner is one) have a couple of head studs with extended threads, so you can screw on the eyes without disturbing the head fastenings.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

John Ambler Sussex, UK Return E-mails to snipped-for-privacy@skiprat.net

John Ambler