Lister L update

Gentlemen,

All fuel plumbing completed, had small strop when I found my pipe bender would not do 1/2 " od pipe so borrowed old small saucepan from wife filled with damp fine sand on put on low heat whilst stirring to dry sand. Took about five minutes. Filled tube and blocked both ends heat treated copper pipe and successfully bent tube around larger dia pipe.

Fuel tank has a leak to fix and fuel pump doesn't, something to do tomorrow. Water plumbing needs a couple of jobs otherwise nearly ready to run.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Gentlemen,

Have spent the day repairing and rebuilding the fuel / oil pump, I bought a spare at Lamport hall the other week which now turnd out to be slightly different. Both its pump plungers have gland nuts to compress the packing whilst mine uses the plunger spring to compress the packing on the oil side and a gland nut on the fuel side. Both now pump willingly so I filled the fuel tank to the brim with water and circulated it around the system, I have now counted four pin hole leaks in the fuel tank, hopefully these will be sorted tomorrow morning, after I have cut the grass as promised. :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Four existing pin holes imply about twice that many more nascent leaks. You need chemotherapy to eradicate the cancer, followed by plastic surgery.

Reply to
bw

Gentlemen, A quick word before I catch a plane to Italy for another training course, connected everything up, put fuel in carb, changed plug for D16 and away she went. Full trials to take place at Banbury next weekend. Talk to you all next Friday.

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Martin,

I doubt there will be many of us about next Friday - it's the 1000 engine next weekend...

Well done with the L - I'm still trying to get my Crossley TSH done for Welland in july.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden