Martin's "Whatisit" Thread.

Heres one for a start, Martin.:-

'm sure I have others in the shed which will appear in due course!!

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

Charles Hamilton

Look like trimming tools to me. Radio or other electronic use, for adjusting preset controls without risking a shock - or pulling the tuning if the screwdriver end was used for tweaking inductor cores.

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

I'd agree. Not a good enough image to show the ends clearly, but I'd say they're trimming tools too. I have some plastic equivalents.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

In fact ISTR that if you peer inside your reciever, B40 you should find something similar conveniently stowed in a couple of Terry clips!

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

There's one, made of Tufnoloid material, with a large plastic boss in the middle and a metal tip at each end.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

I agree although they are very upmarket. Us lesser mortals used plastic knitting needles filed to shape!

Fred

Reply to
g6zru

Due to poor knitting needle etc availability in military servicing bays, people like me had to design expensively engineered equivalents to many apparently mundane items commonly used in the civilian workshop - you should see the NATO Standard Clip, Paper ;-)

NHH

Reply to
Nick H