Modern gennies

Carnival night here and the procession ended just before the rain began. No less than 5 floats using modern lightweight gennies had no lights due to
genny failure. Those with girt British diesels were, of course, fully illuminated. Just an observation.
--
Roland Craven
Nr. Exeter, Devon, UK

Strange you should mention modern gennies Roland. I have just acquired a (well) used Medusa 2300W genny, badged for SIP. I am looking for a copy of the manual that was with the thing when it was shipped new. Does anyone have a copy. Beer tokens available. My reply to address is valid should anyone here be too embarrassed to admit to owning one! I could try to get one sent from China if nobody here can help.
-- cerberus
I've got a 950 Watt SIP Genny ( made in China ) and its a lovely little unit, runs my caravan happily enough. Would you like a copy of the manual from that. Cant be much difference only greater output.
Martin P
snipped-for-privacy@address.invalid wrote:

Campingstoveman wrote:

If thats one of the SIP two stroke generators then I've gt a manual. I could scan it in and send it to you as an attachment. steve the grease

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:06:27 +0000, "R. L. Driver"

Thanks Martin and Steve for your kind offers. No it isn't the 2 stroke 850w / 950w, the Medusa 2300 is the 4 stroke 2300w (60Hz) 2000w (50Hz) jobby. Looking on ebay this seems to be variously badged. For a picture and scant specs. see the Chinese (in English) web site at: http://www.best-generator.com/china/gasoline-generator/yamaha-gasoline-generator-02.htm Manufacturer's ID is the EM2700. 171cc 6 HP Yamaha engine. My initial queries are, what oil, what *correct* plug and what plug gap. The manual then would be for future reference, and I'll bet I need it in the not too distant future 8-(
-- cerberus
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:05:38 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@address.invalid wrote:

Phoned SIP and they photocopied the manual and posted to me 1st class mail. Excellent service, thanks SIP.
-- cerberus