Engine Videos

Hello all, If any of you know of videos of large stationary engines on the web, other than Internal Fire and the Hornsby at Speke Hall, would you be so kind as to post them. I could just sit at my desk all day and watch these engines. I will be attending the big EDGETA Branch 13 swap meet in Woodland, CA tomorrow and I will take pictures of anything Interesting. I will post pics to webshots ASAP. Thanks in advance. PS Which of you folks on the NG are associates of Internal Fire I don't recall any of you being introduced since I have been in the group.

Reply to
Scott McAfee

Google should turn up lots. I think Prickwillow and Kew have the odd one. As for the PS: I'm proud to be a Trustee of and volunteer at Internal Fire. If we lived closer I'd be there more often. (The fishing is better in that area too :-) ttfn

Reply to
Roland Craven

Reply to
Scott McAfee

I observe than the Mercury Arc was fired up today. See

down to second item.

ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Reply to
Scott McAfee

Yahoo now lets you do searches for videos. Putting Stationary Engines in the search field brings 12 examples up.

I rather like

Click on the picture with the gas cylinders. Its not a very exciting video but he must have understanding neighbours.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

The Austin turbine is now at Internal Fire thanks to Ian's generosity. Safety demands a suitable containment structure ! ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Scott, Are you interested in video tapes as well?

I have just been re-watching "Power of the Past" Collection, 1997, which features engines from Ed Boltons collection. I haven't watched this for years, but enjoyed it tonight. I like his engines - not restored, just cleaned up, no garish shiney paint jobs. Shows 8 large engines in particular being started and run - Crossley, Robson, Ohio etc.

Reply to
Peter Short

Peter, thanks for the reply. I was mainly looking for mpg files and such on the net but I would also be interested in having commercial videos brought to my attention. My video tape player went belly up last year though and I buy DVDs. If some of the older stuff is available on video tape only it would be worth the money to buy a cheap VCR. Regards Scott

Reply to
Scott McAfee