Gardner Info

Since the final demise of Gardners last year, I have been picking up a lot of LX and LXB engine information, mostly handbooks and parts lists.

Although we dodn't see much here on the multi-cylinder engines, please let me know if you need any information, I have the start of a mini-library on the Gardner products!

The latest is an 8LXB parts list, which almost completes the automotive ranges, just need to find the earlier L3 etc.

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

"Prepair Ltd"

A brief return as I could not let this one pass having been told!

Gardners have not gone, they are more "Gardner" than they have been for some time.

Paul Gardner Engineering has been re-manufacturing engines for 12 years.

cover the entire range of engines from L series to LX.

In addition, Gardner Parts are a large organisation based at Barton Hall who also supply re-manufactured engines and a large range of original Gardner parts.

As far as I know there is no shortage of later Gardner literature but we have fairly large numbers of original manuals and parts lists for the L and LW series engines should anyone need them, we also have spare new LW injectors and L series needles and nozzles along with some LW pumps and camboxes.

For anyone visiting The Anson, Roger Gardner has just finished work on the T series Gardner (running for the October open day).

Cheers Paul (born within spitting distance of the works and used to play next door as a kid, hence the interest)

p.s. Apologies to Peter for correcting.

p.p.s. Lots of shiny new videos on the Internal Fire website (as I'm here).

-- ____________________________________

Internal Fire, Museum of Power, Wales

Paul Evans

No apology needed, Paul, if my info is wrong then I'm glad to see a correction.

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

Hi Paul,

Nice to hear from you.

Are there any Internal Fire open days planned for the coming year? I must come and have a look at your engines soon ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

They cover the entire range of engines from L series to LX.

who also supply re-manufactured engines and a

have fairly large numbers of original manuals

we also have spare new LW injectors and L

T series Gardner (running for the October

door as a kid, hence the interest)

Reply to
J K Siddorn

I'm going tomorrow!

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

I don't know if any of you are keen on Gardners, but a few years ago (mid 1990's) I came across a pile of them in an old lightship owned by the friend of a friend in London. The lightship was the 'Nore', it had spent its life moored on some sandbar? of this name near the entrance to the Thames, then spent several years moored at St Katherines dock near Tower Bridge (where I first saw it in early 1990s). I believe it sunk while there, which probably hasn't helped the Gardners, nor the generators. This light ship had no propulsion of its own, it was towed into position and anchored there. It had a robust wooden hull with steel? cladding to take the grounding that occurred. The chap I met had purchased it from the St Katherines Dock, and had it shifted down the coast about an hour or so South from London. I saw it there, moored with other house type boats and barges, the owner intended to live on it. The Gardiners were single cylinder vertical diesels, there were about 3 for generating power, and several driving air compressors for the fog horn. Everthing seemed intact on this old ship, even the light was workable. Peter

Reply to
Peter Short