Re: OMWB (well, it's been a while since the last one!)

A new terminus building for my son's (mine!) railway. Hardboard carcass, internally lit, internal details still working out whether to add an all over roof or expose my little plastic passengers stand in the cold.

Just finished an engine shed for the industrial part of the layout, used plastruct girders, beams and L sections to create the frame then covered it in scale sheets of wriggly tin (corrugated iron), again with a removable roof to show internal detail including work benches and inspection pit, unlit though it does have working doors at both the front and rear of the building. Caused quite a surprise when a little shunter drove out opening the doors on the way.

Nothing else much going on at the mo ... SWHTBO has just seen last month's bank statements :-(

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Mine (SWTSMBO) is expecting the ones for this month, so its odd'n'sods time, several land-rover kits to build (OO suitable) and a few card buildings. That and planning how I'm going to use the timber I rescued for building 'our' layout shed base, the 2.5m x 3.5m pallet however was just too big to get home :-(

Niel.

Reply to
Badger

Not much time for modelling at this time of year; it's by far the busiest of the year in the shop.

Still I have been pratting with a short rake of Cambrian BAA & BBA steel carriers which I recently bought second-hand and have just (almost) finished an additional BAA. By the time I've done the rake should consist 4 x BBA and 3 x BAA and will hopefully have one of the new banger blue Bachmann 37s at the helm.

I've also got three Cambrian OTA kits (bought unmade but secondhand at last weekend's Wakefield Model Railway Show for £3 each) sitting OMWB to be tackled after I conclude the work on the steel carriers.

Just (yesterday) acquired a used Life-Like P2K Heritage 0-6-0 switcher in CB&Q livery and can't quite make my mind whether to re-letter it into either Western Maryland or C&O livery to match the rest of my US kettle fleet, which seems to grow with alarming frequency. Not got around to fitting DCCdecoders to any of these, so that may be something to be tackled before too long. Still they are extremely decorative sitting in the display cabinet.

Finally, although most definitely not OMWB, is the pile of timber just acquired to allow some modification to the baseboards in the train room. The plan is to convert my end-to-end layout into a double track continuous run jobbie around the 20' x 11" railway room. Wish it was a bit bigger then I could go O-gauge!!!!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Your railway room is inside the cavity wall? !!!

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

I tend to work on several projects at once, so there's a lot happening OMWB.

Eight Parkside 16T mineral wagons. Mostly complete, but now undergoing some

*severe* weathering.

Three Comet Period 3 LMS coaches, currently being sprayed in blood and custard livery.

A Hornby Gresley corridor brake coach in blood and custard, undergoing some weathering which is nowhere near as severe as the wagons! :-)

An old Airfix Schools kit, which I have used for painting practice for a few years. I'm stripping it down to detail it and put it on a Comet chassis. I figure it deserves a new lease of life.

Oh... and.... er....

A Hasegawa 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109G-6 (almost complete) and a Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk1, currently receiving a superdetailed cockpit... sorry chaps! ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Salvé Badger skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:5zrsd.656$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...

erm what does SWHTBO and OMWB mean? is it Welsh or serbo croat? or even worse basque???? Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Where do you get your corrugated iron from? Or do you have some method of making it? I've been considering the idea of making some for a while now, but can't figure a method.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor

"Mark Thornton" wrote

Now there's a thought.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Embossed plastic sheet, Slaters etc but there's a few makes. I use quite thin stuff (as opposed to Wills sheets which are quite thick - but very good). I use a guillotine (usually used for cutting paper) to cut large quantities of "scale" sized sheets from the near A4 sheets it's supplied in.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Thanks, had forgotten about Slaters. I have some of the Wills, but as you say - it's a bit thick - so can't be used easily on open structures.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor

Salvé

Ivor skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:f%Csd.1788$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-win.ntli.net...

dear Ivor, I've alwaays used kitchen foil scored into shape with a rounded pencil, once painted it looks perfect.' Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Actually Enzo, it should be SWMBO, She Who Must Be Obeyed, as any Rumpole fan will tell you.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway (Site now back up and working)

Roger T.

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

Curves are a tad harsh though!!

Reply to
Colin Reeves

When do you get time to run your toy trains? ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

Mostly Walthers kits on mine at the mo, these being an overhead travelling crane and a couple of cement industry related kits.

I'm also adding lighting to a couple of Dapol engine shed kits which have been hacked into a wagon repair workshop. Mostly this involves using square LEDs above doors to represent modern halogen floodlights.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

In message , Roger T. writes

It's much older than that, from one of Rider Haggard's novels.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Good grief---that's big enough to run Gauge 1.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

The eponymous She?

Reply to
Ken Parkes

"MartinS" <

Just the average married man. :-(

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway (Site now back up and working)

Roger T.

For novelty value, OMWB is some wood which will be used to build - a new WB. Hopefully a stronger, flatter one than the current one, which looks remarkably like a Wilkinson's paste table.

OM floor are mock-ups for some buildings, a loco shed kit and bits of a diorama-style funicular. The electrics stopped working when I let the smoke out the transisitors, so it needs a rethink.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis