Gardners

We've been accumulating Gardner literature recently, one reason is that it is going to get scarcer now the main company has hit the buffers, and the other reason is that they are such nice engines to look over , especially the cut-away drawings which remind me of the Merlin drawings that were done by R-R years ago.

An 8LXB drawing is on the PC as I type, and it is having a crease and staple mark cremoved from the middle of the drawing which is taking a far bit of time, but the results are very rewarding. I hope to have this one printed out at A2 or A1 size and get it framed to hang over my desk...

Looking through the 6LXB parts book, it is no wonder they went down, there are pages and pages of detail parts such as the page for the crankshaft starting dog, with 10 variants drawn and listed. The 15 variants of fan drive, the lovely fuel pump cam box which must have cost a fortune to tool up for and the very nice mechanical governor. CAV only supplied the pump body assemblies, everything else was made by Gardner including the injectors or sprayers as they called them

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Engine nuts to the teeth!

I have a Ducati 90o vee twin works manual. They do so love their engine - the forks are squeezed onto one page, the carb(s) on another but the one-piece camshaft floats in glorious isolation on a page of its own!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn