OT - but elegant engineering

What man has made may be made again .............

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

That is truly awesome

Just one question, how can you afford it all

All the best

......................Leslie

Reply to
Leslie

As you say Kim, some elegant and rather nice engineering. Oh for some time!

Mark

Mark Howard

Absolutely extraordinary.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Eyhup lad!

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

A brilliant piece - but: The final result is a =A3100,000 bike that you can buy but should never ride. Magnifcent though the machine looks, it doesn't make sense to me. It's not original, merely an excelent visual copy, and without practical use. Beutifull but not for me I'm afraid. I prefer machines that I can use. Go on, you can all call me heartless now.

John

Reply to
John

The interesting thing is that this is a prototype & he is gearing up to make a small number of them - probably half a dozen or so.

He is not alone & there was a Hilderbrand & Wulfmuller replica advertised recently. This is a bike so early in design (but not in years!) that the conn rods drove the back wheel direct, the crankpins being eccentric to the rear wheel spindle.

I suppose we should be glad someone is building them so we at least have a chance of seeing what they were like when new.

But - as you say John - not for me, I like to ride 'em.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn, Regia Anglorum

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and the information in this message and/or attachments may contain protected health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not further disseminate, distribute, disclose, copy or forward this message or any of the content herein. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may or may not indicate the established policy of Regia Anglorum. It is the society's principal to rely solely upon hard copy communications in dealing with contractual matters.

This computer is protected with daily updated anti-viral software, but it is the resp> What man has made may be made again .............

A brilliant piece - but: The final result is a £100,000 bike that you can buy but should never ride. Magnifcent though the machine looks, it doesn't make sense to me. It's not original, merely an excelent visual copy, and without practical use. Beutifull but not for me I'm afraid. I prefer machines that I can use. Go on, you can all call me heartless now.

John

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Reply to