OT - Isle of Man health cover

I spotted this whilst browsing. In view of the well-travelled nature of some of the contributors to this group, I thought it worth posting.

You will now need Health Insurance if you are going to the Isle of Man. They are not in the EU, and there is now no reciprocal health agreement with the UK. This means if you are taken ill or have an accident whilst over there you will have to pay all cost which could involve having to pay for medical flight to Liverpool or elsewhere.

From 2014 you will need your passport to get onto the island anyway you travel.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

kimsiddorn wrote (snip):

Why - it's still part of the UK isn't it?

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Never was part of the UK apparently:

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Oops - my mother (from a very old Manx family) will have me shot!

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Thanks for that Kim, I will remember that when man and machine head over there for the first week in June.

Just paid for the ferry last week and arrive 2am on Mad Sunday, anyone else going this year?

Paul

Reply to
paul swindell

The Isle of Man is the property of the Monarch as Lord of Man. It has its own law and Parliament & there are quite a few differences. When I first went there for TT week in the 1960's, you could still get the birch for causing an affray. I always thought it was a Good Idea!

Other differences are that they can close the public roads for racing & their tax laws make the Island a haven for the wealthy. I chatted to the extremely yummy Susan Sangster over a wall on Bray Hill one year. There have been lots of reciprocal agreements with the UK over the years but it seems that in these straitened times Whithall has found a way of saving several million quid at no cost!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn