OT - over unity device

Whilst I'm not surprised that it works - knocking water about would certainly raise its temperature - I am surprised about the over unity claim. Have a look at this, then go & make one to display on the rally circuit. Tea & coffee for all ..............

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

"If you have enough sun to grow grass, this will work for you." But all 'n all, you MUST wait for the sign off for best effect. Just don't be drinking coffee when it comes of you'll scrap your keyboard.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

ISTR seeing this on TV many moons ago - in fact, is that Williams Woolard's voice? Since we haven't all got one humming away in the kitchen by now, I guess there must have been a catch somewhere!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Or read the byline at the start (it is a real place)

There's a guy, Morris Dovey, over in rec.woodworking who builds a similar sort of panel, but without the recycled cans or needing a fan. They look pretty interesting.

I'd consider one myself, but as my workshop roof is clear and my walls are shaded, I'm thinking of going for vacuum heatpipe / water panels instead, mounted above.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well, yes. Over-unity ?! ^^

00

Years ago I was working at Cummins where we had a very badly-designed water brake dyno that had been scaled up from 2000hp to 500hp by doubling all the linear dimensions (these numbers are approximately correct!). Just shows that you shouldn't let someone who couldn't handle a Meccano set loose designing high-power water circulation... That thing made a great kettle, but a terrible dyno.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Gentlemen,

Surely the thing that's been missed is the 1.5Kw motor to make 1 Kw of heat.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Those of you who can remember science lessons at school will recall James Joule experiments on The Mechanical Equivalent of Heat. There is nothing in his paper published in 1845 to sugest that by stirring water you will ever get more energy out then you put in!

Bob Sier

Reply to
bob