OT - small air compressors

I have just acquired a very tidy little compressor, just the thing for
running a number of Stuart Turner steam models at an exhibition. The tank
says it is made in Spain and it may well be ten years old or so. There is a
complete dearth of manufacturers information anywhere on it, just a
"Clavair" sticky label on the steel cover.
It is very quiet in operation and I'd imagine that it is an airbrush
compressor.
However ( you knew it was coming, didn't you? ;o)) ) it appears that a valve
is jammed as although the air is being delivered quickly enough to raise the
tank to a respectable 75psi, it does not turn itself off & there is a steady
draught of escaping air. Before I dive into it, I'd like to see what a
manual says.
Although I have spent a couple of hours this evening looking for it on
Google I have drawn a blank. Might anyone have any ideas?
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
kimsiddorn
Could it be that the cut off switch (if it has one) isn't working and the safety valve is lifting? Any pictures?
John
Reply to
John
John,
What I want to know is why bother drawing blanks, Kim might as well drawn his own manual :-))
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman