OT - small air compressors

I have just acquired a very tidy little compressor, just the thing for running a number of Stuart Turner steam models at an exhibition. The tank says it is made in Spain and it may well be ten years old or so. There is a complete dearth of manufacturers information anywhere on it, just a "Clavair" sticky label on the steel cover.

It is very quiet in operation and I'd imagine that it is an airbrush compressor.

However ( you knew it was coming, didn't you? ;o)) ) it appears that a valve is jammed as although the air is being delivered quickly enough to raise the tank to a respectable 75psi, it does not turn itself off & there is a steady draught of escaping air. Before I dive into it, I'd like to see what a manual says.

Although I have spent a couple of hours this evening looking for it on Google I have drawn a blank. Might anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Could it be that the cut off switch (if it has one) isn't working and the safety valve is lifting? Any pictures?

John

Reply to
John

John,

What I want to know is why bother drawing blanks, Kim might as well drawn his own manual :-))

Reply to
campingstoveman