Tip of the week

Gentlemen,

I have been having difficulty finding the correct olives for my pipework so have taken another tack and that is reclaim the old ones I have. All mine appear to be brazed or silver soldered onto the pipe so yesterday I cut the nipples off the pipe and using a drill as a mandrel I hold the nipple taper towards my lathe chuck with the tail stock. Then close the chuck jaws and clamp the nipple and if you are careful you can drill out the pipe and reface the nipple ready for soft soldering back onto the new pipe.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman