Warsop pump

Hello gents I have not posted here for ages since I have moved house and been swamped with work so I thought Iwould drop in and show you what I managed to purchase for the vast sum of =A35 at my local car boot sale

The vendor said that it was sat in the shed for years just getting in the way and she did not even know what it was .

Anyone got any idea of a possible year of manufacture ?

Engine number is C12.04.47

Cheers=20

Steve

Reply to
The wild eye

I remember hiring that type quite often in the mid- 1960s

Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

Warsops were in full production of their pumps when I joined them from School in

1963. Villiers engines were then designated as M10 (100cc) Mk12 (120cc) Mk15 (150cc OHV) etc.

The change to the C12 and other types was some years later, probably 1970's onwards.

Chipman Chemicals at Horsham had a Mk15 high-speed pump for spraying railway tracks with weedkiller, many went out in customer's own colours. The painter was Alf, we used to share the bus trip from Crawley to Salfords each morning. Production was three guys, who assembled pumps and rammers.

Local councils bought a lot of pumps directly, they went out in yellow or orange, and there was a green one for one customer.

Engines from Villiers came in grey primer.

They had a Thames Trader truck with a driver called Reg if I remember correctly, and some of the larger pumps had big single diesels, larger than the Petter AV series, but I can't remember what they were.

The Ailsa Craig spares stock arrived around the end of the 1970's IIRC, it was there when I returned for a few weeks in between jobs in 1971. Mr Riley was the stores manager, Eric Woods was the design guy, Bills Woods (Eric's father) diod goods inwards and despatch.

Seems like so long ago now... and it is! :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

rote:

Wow that was a fast reply

Yellow seems to be the colour underneath the badly applied green gloss and I was thinking it was about 60's to 70's It runs like a dream and pumps very well too ( after I cleaned out about three pounds of sand from the pump body )

Reply to
The wild eye

Surely villiers went bust in about 1967. Steve the grease

Reply to
R L driver

No, they are still running as far as I know, certainly in the 1990's and probably later.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

This seems to be the present motorcycling side:

This is a bit of history:

Peter

Prepair Ltd

The vendor said that it was sat in the shed for years just getting in the way and she did not even know what it was .

Anyone got any idea of a possible year of manufacture ?

Engine number is C12.04.47

You got it for a fiver? Well done! :)

McKev

Reply to