canal holiday

Gents,

Looks like SWMBO and I will be taking to the water later this year. Don't know where yet, but I can remember some time back so talk of a beam pumping station on a canal that is open to the public to see. Can anyone remind me please? I'd hate to miss it if I could steer the hoilday near by!

Cheers

Andy G

Reply to
andy G

"> Looks like SWMBO and I will be taking to the water later this year.

Sounds like Crofton on the Kennet and Avon. 1785 Boulton and Watt IIRC

John

Reply to
John Nice

Hi Andy, Don't forget that UK.REC.WATERWAYS is a good place to ask for advice on canal holidays!

Reply to
Dave Croft

I also think there is a sewerage pumping beam engine or two up the river Lee a bit south of Tottenham.

Reply to
Tony Brooks

Hi Andy, Crofton is probably what you are looking for. Here is their website;

If you are going to look at it try to make it on a steam day.

Reply to
Fred