Which way round to do it?

Hi All, Some of you may remember that I'm modelling the Staffordshire branch line to Oakamoor sand siding in OO, and part of this history takes in that it was the final working place of class 07 003 in the BIS livery.

Now, I have the silver fox body, I've added the hand rails, but I'm a little unsure which way to take the next stage.

The livery will be white, with the yellow and black chevron ends. However, I will be using the Fox transfers for the chevrons, but due to the lamps coming as an extra item to glue on, should I paint, transfer then add the lamps, or add the lamps, paint and try to transfer the chevrons around the electric lamp housings?

Any advice or suggestions would be great...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

I did mine as paint then transfers, adding the lamps and lamp irons later. Lamp irons, no problem as they push thro' the transfer and can easily be glued from the back. I was worried about the lamps, but they seem to be still sticking to the transfer after 4-5 exhibitions use.............

More fragile was the whitemetal vac pipe which I haven't replaced yet! It also needs a shunter's pole across the top of the buffer beam.

Pic of my 07 at

's the bottom picture, but I'm sure you'll like it.

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

"Mick Bryan" wrote Pic of my 07 at

's the bottom picture, but I'm sure you'll like it.

Hmm, yes,. Very nice.!

Odd, I looked at your page a few days ago refence the 02 where I commented on the lack of shunters pole !

I never saw the 07 though. Maybe I didn't scroll far enough !

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

No...............

I added the 07 for you!!

:-)

Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

"Mick Bryan" wrote

No...............

I added the 07 for you!!

:-)

Mick Yah bu*ger! No wonder ! :-)

Cheers !

What kit is it? Craftsman? I'm yet to add my pictures of the 07 on to the website. maybe Sunday as I'm running a Super D tomorrow !

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

The message from "Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." contains these words:

Wish I was... ;-)

Reply to
David Jackson

"David Jackson" wrote

Wish I was... ;-)

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

The message from "Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." contains these words:

Sorry, Andy, but my Super D is a standing "joke". I bought the Graham Hughes N-gauge kit about three years ago(maybe four!), modified a Grafar

8F chassis to fit, assembled the loco body, and got started on the tender. At that point other matters intervened, and when I take the covers of the railway I'd rather start the clock and run the timetable than fiddle with the kit which has reached the (for me) difficult bit of fitting handrails, steam-pipes, etc.

One day...before my fingers stiffen up completely...

I'll try to get down for the launch. Tell me: does it wheeze properly when running under light steam?

Reply to
David Jackson

"David Jackson" wrote I'll try to get down for the launch. Tell me: does it wheeze properly when running under light steam?

David, From what I'm told and what I hear when she runs the answer would be a definitive :

OH YES !!! and she sounds grand !

I wonder if we may get one from Hornby next year? Hmmmm..

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

The message from "Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." contains these words:

That's a sound I've *got* to hear again!

Thanks for the info, Andy.

Reply to
David Jackson

Hi Andy, Yes, It's a Craftsman kit.

Cheers, Mick p.s. Just taken an order off a mate to build another one!!

Reply to
Mick Bryan