Ahh!

Following on from the "Well..." and "So..." threads.

Having gained an authorisation for the first allocation to Soddingham-under-Piddle shed, it was descision time. Being

0 gauge and expensive, careful thought was required. An 08 would be a logical choice for the sheds first engine, but then a nice big diesel appealed. Ruling out 40, 45 and 46 on the basis that all I have is memories of "cold" of these classes, they were not really in the running. 56 onwards hold no interest (and would be out of period for the layout), a 20 - well, always wanted one, but not totally bowled over. A Hymek - well, there could be advantages in buying the Helljan one - but it would need a re-spray, and, well it's not the same as making a kit. Class 31 and 33? Fond memories of both, but, well, maybe? Nah. A Clayton Class 17? - mmmm, later. 24/25/26 - not really my thing. So, it's down to Class 47 (many happy hours working with them, and warmish with comfy seats (until the dammed "ergonomic" things were fitted). Definately a possibility. In fact its down to a choice of a 47 or my all time favourite the Western. Now which one. Several weeks of careful thought concludes that the Western is the one to have. So I bought a Warship!

Ho num...

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd wrote in news:ef63f02b4f% snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com:

I now in the same boat, having built a branch line - of sorts I need something to drag a carriage up and down it and well if truth be told I've been looking for an excuse to make a purchase for a while so I've plumped for one of these ...

In fact I may buy two :-) one built as an Aspinall and one as built by Barton Wright.

And then it's off to start looking at goods engines. :-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson