Anyone care to suggest a price for this lot - Triang stuff

A friendis selling off his train set from the 1960s but has no idea what its worth - Anyone care to comment?

Engines: R254 Steeple-cab loco R353 Yard Switcher R257 Double-ended Electric R258 The Princess Royal (Maroon) + Tender R30/31 Tender (Black) Trackside: R43H Home Signal. 1 off. R43D Distant Signal. 1 off. RT405 Colour light signal set. 2 Off. Base plate for above (Damaged) Track: (All track is Series 3) R190 Straight. 17 off. R193 Curve. 26 off. R198 Straight Un-coupling. 1 off. R194 Half-length curve. 2 off. R290 Diamond Crossing. 1 off. R292/294 Right-hand points. 2 off. X157 Right-hand points solenoid assembly. 2 off. R291/293 Left-hand points. 4 off. X156 Left-hand points solenoid assembly. 2 off. Misc: R197 Power connecting clip. Tri-ang Oil bottle (Empty) Fishplates 26 off. RT205 Unopened packs of track pins. 5 off.

R103 Buffers. 1 off. R494 Buffers. 1 off. Catenary masts (complete with mast links). 27 off. Catenary mast power connector and spare base. Lever Switches. 2 yellow, 4 black. RT144 Lever Switch base plate. Loading Gauge (Not Tri-ang) R457 Inclined Piers set. 2 off. Tri-ang Minic Motorway: M1601 Straight. 4 off. M1611 Bend 90 degree. 11 off. M1626 Junction Left 90 degree. 1 off. M1604 Power pick-up straight. 1 off. M1610 Straight Chicane. 1 off.

Reply to
Mike

On a scale of 1-10 what's the condition of this one like?

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com

That particular one is seriously crap, the cylinders are missing - I called him after posting the list, from what he said its all a bit crappy - ts all been (quote) well played with. (unquote)

He now tells me that the mechanical signals were packed in polystyrene, which had leeched plasticisers into the paint with the usual messy results.

I suspect its all in pretty poor condition (not like him at all, he still has the original packing for items he has since thrown away)

Sorry chaps, I assumed all this was in perfect condition, which would be normal for this chap.

Reply to
Mike