Bachmann Shed

In message , Mick Bryan writes

Remember the other GM product, the 67s, which are known as skips, naturally because they resemble one, and probably because the inside is full of rubbish...

Reply to
James Christie

"Mick Bryan" wrote

This has not been a factor to my knowledge. I've no handled several dozen of these locos (from all batches) and not seen any with the problem described.

That would probably cure the issue described, and is effectively what I meant in an earlier posting when I suggested

free to rotate about their axis.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Mick Bryan" wrote Listen to one when idling. You'll hear what I mean. In much the same way that 24's and 25's were "buckets"...............!!

Cheers, Mick

I thought 25's were known as 'Rats' and 24's 'Fruit machines'?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

In message , John Turner writes

Thanks to Mick and John, problem solved. Though it did take a wee while of cursing and swearing trying to get the screws loose before I realised they were clear of the body (I was too feart to haul it off in case I broke it). So anyway, gave the front bogie a little bit more play, and all is ok.

I also noticed a little anomaly in the cant of the track on the main gradient on my layout (it's also on a sweeping curve) which was contributing to the Shed derailing (and no doubt to my Bachmann Mk1s at times), anyway, a bit of PW work ensued, and all was cured with the solid engineering answer - a big hammer.

So everything works great now, with the Shed running like a sowing machine.

Reply to
James Christie

A sort of drilling noise?

Reply to