Basic question - flexitrack

You can simulate it with settrack by using one or more half-sections of larger radius as a lead-in. However, I personally prefer flextrack.

For any nominal radius of more than about 18", you will need more than one 36" length of flextrack for a 90 degree curve, hence a joint.

Reply to
MartinS

If one lays a 610mm radius curve then a 90 degree turn requires about

958mm of track. That's more than a standard 915mm length of flexitrack!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I lay my transition curves so that my standard length bogie coach rigid corridor connections remain within 3mm of alignment. I originally had a 22" radius set-track (Atlas) without any easement and as each coach fully entered the curve it's entire corridor connection pointed out onto the ballast while the opposing coach cc pointed to the blank wall of the proceeding coach. The transition curve has to start about a coach length along the old straight alignment and the middle 30 degrees of the 180 degree curve is now 15" radius but it most definitely looks far better that it did originally, with or without a train. A wider (and longer) baseboard would be an alternative, but moving the walls outwards or blocking the entrance door is just not acceptable to SWMBO.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter