Coronation coaches

Could SKS email me a picture - in colour?- of one of the Coronation coaches. I have some of Mailcoach's offerings and the painting advice is, to my mind, a little thin. Which green/grey is used in the interior? And where is the stainless steel trim? Just around the windows? If someone could define Precision Paints colours I'd be very grateful; already have the two blues for the coach sides and a silver gel pen for the stainless steel.

TIA, Mike in British Columbia

Reply to
mcgray

mcgray

Coronation

Yes thanks, but you asked colour, mine are B&W. colour will be very rare I suspect.

Anyway;

Can't anawer that from the B&W interior photos I have, sorry.

From a '37 photo, it looks like there is a cant-rail SS moulding (trim) which is raised above each door and window (rain water retainers?), see below. I would *estimate* the depth to be 4 inches (thin) and 6 inches (thick).

---------======-----------=========== cant-rail l Door l l Window l

As for the waistline moulding, this is immediately below the window line, also in the photo I have the centre line of the coach moulding is at the same height as the SS LNER lettering found on the side of the A4 tenders - see below.

L N E R --------------- waist line moulding tender l l coach side

There also seems to be some form of vertical 'panelling effect', painted possibly, at every door or window pillar but it's difficult to work out as some could be camera 'stop motion' effect due to speed.

All fitting seem to be SS, door handles and grab rails, the coach side also carries SS letters spelling out 'CORONATION'.

Livery below sole bar level seems to be black, coach side colours are taken around the ends.

I assume your quoted email address is usable, if I can get around to scanning the images I have I'll post back to this thread to tell you if I have emailed them or up loaded them to alt.binaries.pictures.rail - do you have access to binary groups?

HTH?

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Reply to
mcgray

OK, I'll see what I can do this week, but no promises (in the sort term anyway). Also see below for a correction;

window

moulding

That should have read, As for the waistline moulding, this is immediately below the window line, also in the photo I have the centre line of the coach moulding is at the same height as the *_centre line of the_* SS LNER lettering found on the side of the A4 tenders - see below.